Tour by Tor
DARTMOOR for WALKERS
Guided walks on Dartmoor and Bodmn Moor.
Tour by Tor can provide guided walks on both Dartmoor National Park and Bodmn Moor for coach parties and all interested groups. We can provide a leader or more guides according to the size of your party. We will meet and greet your group, check that all are properly equipped for the journey and lead you on a suitable walk.
Suitable for all ages
Tours of the Cornish and Devon National Parks are suitable for all ages. Our guides are qualified moorland and or mountain leaders and have many years of experience leading groups into open moorland. Their expertise and knowledge of the moors can be crafted towards your needs.
Wild Camping Expeditions on the Moors
In addition to guided walks we can also provide adventurous wild camping expeditions and experiences on Dartmoor, Bodmin Moor or any other Moorland or Mounatinous terrain in the United Kingdom. How about a guided trip to Snowdonia or the Black Mountains? With qualified mountain leaders to take you safely on your adventure.
Moorland and Mountain Navigation Training
For those wishing to learn navigation techniques, our Mountain Leaders can provide excellent training in map reading and how to use a compass. We also have a colleague that can provide survival training. All courses can be adapted especially to your needs.
Dartmoor, Bodmin Moor and Mountainous walks and expedition prices vary according to:
- the number in your group
- your chosen location (Dartmoor/Other Region)
- the length of time required for walking and/or wild-camping (hours/days).
We operate a competitive pricing structure however you will need to provide approximate details of your plans for us to accurately quote you for your walk or expedition.
General pricing structure
- Guided walks and moorland Navigation start at £250 per day
(based on a 5 or 6 hour walk and an average group size of 12)
- Wild camping experiences on Dartmoor and Bodmin Moor start at £550 for a group of up to 4 persons. (Usually starting around midday on Saturday and finishing with a modest walk off the Moors by lunchtime on Sunday. Midweek camping experiences can also be arranged.)
- Mountain guide experiences will need to be arranged according to location, time and number in group, please advise.